Thursday, April 7, 2011

Annalee Dawn Stevenson Born March 12 ,2011

On March 12 we welcomed our new baby girl , she was 5 weeks early. It was such a crazy day and it all started at 2:00 in the afternoon. I had been cramping a little bit that morning nothing to major and I wasn't to concerned , but I went to the bathroom that afternoon and found i had started to bleed alot! and I wasn't in labor! I knew something was wrong and needed to get to the hospital right away so I had my cousin Cheryl come get me right away, and her daughter Caylen babysat for me as Grant was at work in Taber. I got to the hospital at about 2:20 and then it got crazy, they told me I was bleeding to much and needed to do a stat c-section , and that baby was okay for now. Grant and my dad got there right before I was leaving to the OR , but grant was not allowed to come in with me because they had to do a general anaesthetic because there wasn't enough time to keep me awake. Annalee was born at 3:26 pm. She was very healthy and weighed 6lbs 4 oz . pretty big for a 35week old baby. But all the crazyness didnt end there. After my c-section I went to the recovery room to recover , but I wouldnt stop bleeding, I stayed there for 3-4 hours bleeding, while they tried to figure out what was going on. It was so awful. probably the most horrible experience I have ever been through. They had started giving me blood because i was loosing way to much , and then my Dr. decided to do a D&C to see what was going on, but he also said that if that didnt stop the bleeding I would have to have a Hysterectomy. I was okay with that I knew Annalee was fine, and that I could not handle another pregnancy anyways. So off I went Again to the OR. When I woke up I was in the ICU and it was midnight. they had given me 6 Units of blood and plasma ,and I wasnt out of the woods. I was so sick , they had given me so much fluid I was so swollen ,and didnt even look like myself. I had to be monitored for DIC which is when all your organs can start shutting down from shock and blood loss. In the morning i had to have 2 more units of blood, and they told me if i did better I would get to go out to the maternity ward and see Annalee for the first time that afternoon. So after my blood had all run through at around 4:00 I was able to leave ICU. I was so excited to finally see her 24 hrs is a long time to wait to see her for the first time, but I was so happy to finally hold her!! Words can not describe how grateful I was that she was okay and I was okay. Later that evening I recieved another 2 units of blood and then I started to finally feel a little better. We got to go home on thursday the 17th and it was a great day. Having all this happen to me and my family really changes who you are. I'm greatful for my life and Annalee's too! My doctor told me afterward that had I been 1/2 hour longer getting to the hospital Annalee might not have been alive. So i'm not going to take anything for grantit anymore. Life is such a precious gift and I love my family so much. I am so thankful to an amazing husband who got me through it and and for my wonderful family for being there for me through it all. I dont know what I would do with out you.

No comments:

Post a Comment